Description of Mentoring: Mentoring is partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Mentor and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
1) Mentor-Client Relationship
A. Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the mentoring relationship and his/her mentoring calls and interactions with the Mentor. As such, the Client agrees that the Mentor is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Mentor. Client understands mentoring is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
B. Client further acknowledges that he/she may terminate or discontinue the mentoring relationship according to the Termination terms in these agreement.
C. Client acknowledges that mentoring is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate mentoring principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
D. Client acknowledges that mentoring does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that mentoring is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the mentoring relationship agreed upon by the Client and the Mentor.
E. The Client understands that in order to enhance the mentoring relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
2) Services. The parties agree to engage in a Mentoring Program through face-to-face 1-on-1 meetings, a monthly small group meetings, and/or online journaling. Mentor will be available to Client by e-mail and text in between scheduled meetings between the hours of noon and 6 PM, Monday-Friday. Mentor may also be available for additional time, per Client’s request on a prorated basis rate of __$135 per hour____.
3) Schedule. This mentoring agreement is valid as of date of initial invoice. The initial planning meeting shall be for 60 minutes. Subsequent, meetings for clients who subscribe for at least 4 weeks of service will occur weekly for 75 minutes at an agreed upon location and day.
4) Procedure. The time of the mentoring meetings and/or location will be determined by Mentor and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time. The Client will initiate all scheduled calls and will call the Mentor at the following number for all scheduled meetings 682-237-9891. If the Mentor will be at any other number for a scheduled call, Client will be notified prior to the scheduled appointment time.
5) Confidentiality. The Mentor agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Mentor will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Mentor’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Mentor from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Mentor without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) the Mentor is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Mentor and as a result of such disclosure the Mentor reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Mentor in a timely manner.
6) Cancellation and Confirmation Policy. Client agrees that it is the Client’s responsibility to cancel or confirm 2 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings. Mentor reserves the right to bill Client for a missed meeting. Mentor will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting.
7) Termination. Either the Client or the Mentor may terminate this Agreement at any time with _2__weeks written notice. Client agrees to compensate the Mentor for all mentoring services rendered through and including the effective date of termination of the mentoring relationship.
8) Limited Liability. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Mentor makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the mentoring services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Mentor be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Mentor’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Mentor under this Agreement for all mentoring services rendered through and including the termination date.